Published on August 9th, 20130
Join us in Ottawa!
50th Anniversary Conference
Delta Ottawa City Centre
May 7-10, 2014
Keynote Speaker: Dr. David Butler-Jones
Dr. David Butler-Jones, Canada’s first and current Chief Public Health Officer is the keynote speaker for SAC’s 50th anniversary conference. In Life After Stroke: That Was Weird, Dr. Butler-Jones will talk about the stroke he had in 2012 and the lessons he’s learned from the experience.
Highlights of two-day audiology program:
- James W. Hall III, PhD will present on OAEs and ABR infant hearing and auditory neuropathy identification, diagnosis and management.
- Terry Lynn Young, PhD and Anne Griffin, M.Sc. Aud, R.Aud (NL) will present on genetics and hearing loss.
Highlights of speech-language pathology program:
- Laura Justice, PhD will present the pre-conference workshop on integrating literacy into speech-language intervention.
- David Loyst, M.Sc. (S-LP) will present a two-day workshop on Reference and Regulate autism intervention.
Other topics include:
- Adult stream focusing on dysphagia, aphasia and apraxia therapy and primary progressive aphasia
- Motor speech disorders
- Building an interprofessional team and managing conflict
- Clinical supervision